Scheduled maintenance is currently in progress. We will provide updates as necessary.
Posted 10 months ago. Jul 02, 2018 - 13:00 UTC
On July 2, 2018, Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile has scheduled to have old SEP Mobile app versions deprecated.
Starting March 29, 2018, devices running old SEP Mobile app versions will appear with a new (yellow) health warning in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile management console, indicating that the app version will be deprecated soon.
On July 2, 2018, at 1PM UTC those devices still running old SEP Mobile app versions will become officially not supported and their health status will turn red.
Impact: • iOS All SEP Mobile apps 4.1.2 or older will become deprecated. SEP Mobile app version 4.1.2 was released on October 4th, 2017.
• Android All SEP Mobile apps 3.2.1 or older will become deprecated. SEP Mobile app version 3.2.1 was released on October 22, 2017.
Recommended Actions: Running the latest app version available is generally a good practice to ensure your organization benefits from the most advanced security provided by Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile.
Make sure end-users upgrade their apps by leveraging the on-demand end-user email alerts. This can be achieved in the Symantec Endpoint Protection Mobile management console by following the below steps:
1. Go to the "Installation Health" section.
2. Select the "Post Installation" tab.
3. Select the "SEP Mobile will be deprecated soon" row.
4. Click on the cog button from the details pane.
5. Click "Send health warning email"